View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 02:02 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Quote:
believe (and have absolutely no facts to back this hypothesis up) that this phenomenon is related to the fact that our snares are also DOTs and that they stick around because of the damage and not because of the snare itself. Or maybe a combination of the two? But this was a rare occurrence on static spawned mobs.
While I'm not 100% certain either, I'm going to have to take the other side and say it's because of the snare. Most snares take enough speed off a mob that if it reduces to walk-speed, it's standing still. Once a mob is no longer chasing you, it slows back down to walk-speed. It can't return to its spawn point because it can't move when it's on walk speed with the snare still effective.

It made for a nice revenge when a monk tried to FD train a skeleton on me. I positioned myself on top of the monk, rooted the skeleton, cast Ensnare on it, then backed up and proceeded to sit and begin camping out. While the countdown was in progress, I informed the monk that once I was camped out of the picture, the skelly would be on walk speed, and my Ensnare would effectively make the skelly stand still. I then informed Mr. Monk that the Ensnare was 14 minutes long, so he'd best get comfortable. Ain't I a stinker
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.