View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 06:05 PM
Teppen
Banned

@Windcatcher

ah, i guess ill stop downloading openzone versions then until simpleclient goes public, been creating zones, and some other custom content with your openzone editors. plus i was curious of how the simpleclient handled.

just curious, but could you post what you would like to see in a patcher? features and such? I could code one however, the guts would be c++ and the eye candy would be using the latest QT4.3.2. but like always, im just talking shop.

Im actually in process (since i have alot of extra time nowdays) of coding an all in one editor which consists of items, npcs, recipes and quest editors. Eventually, hoping to expand to other editing areas. Making the quest editor so it will be easy for any dev to quickly make quests using a drag and drop quest text feature from a list of current quest commands. At the moment every visible text of the editor is translation aware, and in future public builds it will use dynamic language switching, which i believe will greatly help the eqemu community like those who are from france, and korea whose native language is not english. Like simpleclient, this editor is still under private builds, not as stable yet as Im wanting it to be, but its getting there. The bigest problem is getting drag and drop to work flawlessly without minor errors, but its coming along slowly, just a matter of creating layouts per perl command. I actually was tossing around the idea of coding a client for eqemu awhile ago, but im limited in 3d programming so I never started it lol.

oh well, back to coding. so very bored.