View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 07:14 AM
Movement
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrayas View Post
I have known Shodai for some time. He was one of my main guys back when I ran Imperium for bug testing and the sort. Fast forward to him opening his own server and he is as stand up as they come. Fixes reported bugs quickly and spends a considerable amount of his free time working on a project for all to enjoy.

I think most players fail to understand that most server operators do this as a hobby or just have a passion for the game itself, but also maintain real life obligations like work, family, time for themselves, etc etc...Like splose said above, it is people like you that burn server operators out due to the fact that we can never please everyone, and when we fail to give everyone what they want all we get is negativity which impacts the morale of the server operator to the point that we just throw in the towel and move on with our lives.

My advice, enjoy what is offered, give good constructive feedback and just be happy that there are people out there keeping a 20 year old game alive for you guys to enjoy.
I never said Shodai was a bad guy. I know people do this shit on their own time and as a hobby. I made my own server and had to learn everything with some hand helping from the community a few years ago and when I realized how much of a HUGE time sink it was, i gave up. So dont pretend I dont know what it takes to run a successful server, it takes time, dedication and mountains of patience. You dont even know me. Your assumption that I dont know what kind of efforts Shodai has put into his server are totally false.

The reason I donated was because I saw how largely successful Shodai's efforts were and how much work he and his team had put into it.

The reason I was so passionate in the concerns I raised is because I fell in love with the server and wanted it to continue being successful.

People here attack me like I am making baseless accusations or making shit up when in fact ive talked to people multiple times and raised concerns multiple times and not a single thing I asked for has been fixed, at least as far as I know.

Necromancers still kill themselves for 1 million damage in one tick from lich form.

My clients still lock up and go LD from time to time, as with almost everyone ive played with (in and out of group).

Kurns still crashes when wizards are present.

Im not making shit up and I dont appreciate people flaming me for raising valid concerns on here. I am not attacking anyone personally but I am getting attacked. Yeah, thats gonna make people want to play on this server.

I feel like I am being ganged up on. What would you do if you felt the same way?

Like I said, I never said Shodai was an asshole or a bad person - I DID say that I feel like he listens to other people specifically instead of everyone without bias.

And there is no point in Shodai and me talking because I already tried that route and it failed.

I love how people just assume that I am a piece of shit who just wants attention on here and I havent went through the proper channels or anything first..

Thanks guys for attacking me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrayas View Post
My advice, enjoy what is offered, give good constructive feedback and just be happy that there are people out there keeping a 20 year old game alive for you guys to enjoy.
So giving negative feedback is not welcome or wanted. Got it.