View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 12:16 PM
Producer_BMW
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by So_1337 View Post
He's looking for a PVP server using the latest source. I've been doing my best to help out, but I'm admittedly not only short on free time lately, but also in over my head where the C++ is concerned. I can dig through the VZ/TZ code all day as well as the bits of code that another programmer did for him previously, but it's still hard for me to connect all the dots on what needs changed where. Also, the source has changed pretty considerably since the last time he had a server set up.

All he's really looking for are the changes that would give him a 10-level difference PVP environment and the broadcasts when kills are made. These are both things that have been done before, but never incorporated into the stock source, of course.

Past that, all of the work he'd require would be database-related, locking down zones past the timeframe he'd want to operate in, purging items past a certain point, etc. All things I'm at least capable of helping with, time permitting. I just don't have the time to teach myself C++ right now, best as I try.

If I had a batch of changes and where they needed to be made (which lines to paste at which point in which files), I'm sure he'd be capable of recompiling the source each time around, it's just getting to that point that's been difficult.

BUMP ^ BUMP ^