Thread: Asgard Server
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 06:50 PM
Mistmaker
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by daerath View Post
... Minecraft. =P

I like the setup you've got, but that IP limit has to go (my opinion obviously, ignore at will). Sure, you can't box, but if like, two people want to play and live in the same house... You can always grant exemptions, but that's subject to abuse. I've always been more fond of, "Don't be a jackass and we'll be fine, but if you box and it becomes a problem for others then we're gonna have a discussion about sharing..."

Yeah, I can't get them away from Minecraft! I even made a Minecraft server on my storage drive (Gnap) and ran that for awhile. The last day I played I "booby trapped" my home and watched my kids go for my treasure chests to "steal" from me. When they all blew up, they cried. Not because they died and lost their items, but because I blew up the most amazing home I had built. HA! I spent the next hours learning how to do a Minecraft server restore! That was the last time I played it and since then I have been trying to find something else to do with them. So I turned back to the one game I keep coming back to...EverQuest.

Asgard became that next project that has grown into something more! I love EverQuest so even if they don't play I will continue to devout time to the server and It's slowly growing community.

IMO: My experience with boxing and I'm guilty of this myself playing a 4 box setup on FV. I have always found boxing to be impersonal. What I mean by this is that I have tried to interact with boxers on live servers and other EQEmu servers and many times you can send a tell into the black and never get a response. It seems like the person on the other end is so focused on the macro commands or dominating content as quickly as possible that they either dont see it or dont care to respond. Asgard has now many zones that are made for solo play and If I open it up for boxers then all that content will be cleared in seconds. For these reasons I'm not opening up for boxers. We DO have IP exemptions and If someone asks me to add their IP because they want to play with their child or friend then I wont hesitate to do it.

Asgard is really about making a server that has a community that interacts with each other and I think this is going in right direction so far.