Thread: Eqgame.exe Prob
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 05:09 AM
psuomega
Fire Beetle

Default Laptop Video Drivers

So, I had an error, as soon as I would try to open EQ (using a shortcut to c:\eq\eqgame.exe patchme), the screen would flash and go to a black box (the normal startup routine) but just before it took you to the EULA, EQ would crash. I'm running an Acer Aspire 9300 with an AMD processor and NVidia GeForce Go 6100 video card. This is a fresh load of Windows XP SP3, with the latest DirectX 9.0c and a fresh install of the Everquest Titanium client. I had downloaded and installed all the drivers from the manufacturer's website, including the video drivers. I tried to update the drivers from NVidia's website, but it wouldn't let me install them, saying that no compatible hardware was installed. I did a manual driver installation of NVidia's 295.73 drivers by pointing the hardware installation wizard at the drivers folder in the unpacked NVidia files. I can now startup my EQ client and actually get to the EULA, SOE screen, and to the log in screen. It seems like updating my video drivers made it so EQ could work.