View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 11:23 AM
khalathas
Sarnak

Default reviving a somewhat older windows server, have some questions

Hey all, I was running a private server for just a few select friends a year or so ago..interest waned and I shelved it for a while. Didn't delete anything, or move anything..but the server was running on my main machine, which I kept using and updating.

I decided I wanted to revive my server and play a bit again, but for whatever reason, the loginserver kept crashing within seconds of launching. I looked at version numbers and decided there were enough changes that rather than try to fix the problem, a full rebuild would be easier, so I went through the guide (again), compiled everything successfully, and got to the part where I set up the database. I know I could drop system and import the new one..but before I do that (yes I backed up as well), I wanted to just generally ask about how drastic the changes have been since roughly rev1900 to rev2500ish. Is it going to be relatively viable to move forward or should I just back up my account/character data and re-source the entire thing from scratch, then restore what I want? Also, should I be worried about client compatibility? I was using SoD prior.