Thread: The MQ2 threads
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 06:01 PM
trevius
Developer

Yeah, I mostly agree with this decision as well. I never thought MQ2 discussions were really meant for these boards in the first place. I do allow minimal use of it on my server similar to PEQ, but even there I don't allow people to openly discuss it. It is more of a "if you have it, you have it" sort of thing. Of course the nasty hacks are bannable though.

The only reason I didn't start speaking up against the MQ2 posts is because they were both clear on not using the plugins that are considered cheating on just about all servers (warp, ghost, level macros, etc). If those plugins were never made, I doubt many people would have a problem with it being used. While I am not exactly for giving out MQ2 to players, I would much rather them get a pre-compiled version that doesn't include the "bad" plugins than to get one from one of their friends that includes all of the nasty stuff. By making an easy way for them to get the good version, it seems like it would be much less likely that they would care about getting the version with the nasty hacks.

Either way, I support the decision to remove the discussions from these boards. I just wanted to be clear on why I didn't remove them from the start.