View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 05:52 PM
trevius
Developer

LOL, well I just figured it was time to try to get something rolling on them since they were a fairly major holdup on making further progress in the emu. I still definitely plan to get back into working on them again soon, but I think I might want to learn a little more C code first so I can understand how to get packet structures set up. It is hard to learn to code only by example from reading the emu source lol. I am going to try a few online tutorials and see if they can't help to get me up to speed. This summer has just been extra busy for me :P

I don't have the 6.2 client, so I can't really use that to expand our known Titanium Opcodes. But I am more interested in trying to get the emulator updated to a newer version of EQ eventually. I have been waiting for another EQ expansion to come out that has a full install of all previous expansions included in the installation. Once it does, I plan to see if I can get some packet collects from live using wireshark. And I also can then use the steps you mentioned in the opcode thread to compare the IDA output from Titanium with the IDA output from the newer version and find opcodes that way 1 by 1. I imagine that would take a while, but once I got the hang of it, it might not be too bad. I think the hard part will be updating the packet structures. I know this is quite a high goal to set, but I would love to make an effort to get this rolling if it is possible for the next expansion release. I would have been fine to just use Anniversary, but even now it is almost as hard to get a copy of as Titanium is, and we need a version that is easily available for all to get.