View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 07:41 PM
Splose
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riklin View Post
I don't think that's correct. The Hall's Havoc server has been up for around 5 years now, in various configurations and I've tested all of the various "stanedard" clients. The server currently supports up thru Velious. SoD, Titanium, and Underfoot all work perfectly. It's just RoF2 that is off. I think the spell destination is hard-coded in the spell effects file of the client.
The spells I'm specifically referring to are Common Gate, Common Portal, Ring of Commons, and Circle of Commons. The gate and Portal spells put you in the middle of the EC Tunnel where the NPCs are. The circle and ring spells put you in the middle of East Commons, but within eyesight of the Nekultos zone... RoF2 was set up when Commons was combined into a single zone, therefore the older zone destinations are probably no longer correct, which seems to support my theory.

Is there a way to fix these port destinations for the RoF2 client without editing the spelleffects file?
No.

Any time you make a spell change you will need to change those values in the spells_new file in your database. Generally when doing this anyone who plays on your server will need to then download your specific spells_us.txt but with this change it is unnecessary assuming you're editing the same spell and not adding a new one.