View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 05:40 PM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

Default Bots

I think someone who uses this repack is going to be the guy who has little or no knowledge of configuring anything, and not having the benefit of putting it together from installs and compile, will be searching for things within the files that they can easily change to suit their needs, as evidenced by the replies on this thread.

Having said that, in my humble opinion, I think this is a great contribution. If it gets people interested and contributing, great. I think there should be a version with bots however, OR a write-up on how to modify this installation to add bots. Simply getting the compiled installs with bots enabled, then running a few database queries would do the trick, no? The trick would be not over-writing the config file and maybe a few other key files, so the easiest way would be if it were included in the install as a choice.

Also, there are a few successful servers with bots enabled. Is it mostly opinion weighing in on the decision not to include bots? And please take that in the most respectful way. I really am asking to find out.

It would be awesome for new people if someone posted the steps to successfully add bots to this repack if you are dead set on not including them. I know Ax Classic repack includes bots, and people do whole raids with nothing but bots. I'm interested to hear the arguments for instability.