View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 03:23 AM
J3wish
Sarnak

I was so excited for this server. The past servers have been a blast.. until a certain point. Both Varly 1 and eryvien. I figured that whats we were getting back into. When I seen this page pop up, I was like fuck ya, Varlyndria is back on the menu.

Until I actually read the post and remembered the worse parts of the past iterations. In your top 10 bullets, 2 of them are focused on donations. I thought, alright sure, whatever. First log in, drop into PoK, looking good. Go to the first "hub" zone, at the landing area from the zone in, a giant swarm of "donor" mounts. Walking up to the city to where your Tides buffer is, the road all the way is flanked by your different tiers of donor toys. Hell, you even have a option on your porter to take you straight to the donor area...

This is what led to the downfall of your previous servers IMO. Greed, trying to wring as much money out of your players as possible. The ideas and concepts you had behind them were amazing, but allowing people to donate for unlimited power only leaves you with those who donated for the unlimited power. Nobody else could hold a candle to them.

While there is obviously some tuning to be done on the server itself, since it was just released, the one thing that is going to drive people away from this server is the blatant attempts at trying to squeeze as much cash as you can out of your playerbase.

You said you spent the last couple of months developing the server, however
it feels like it was spent developing options for donating.

Edit: As I was writing this, you moved the donor area away from the main hub. However, the point still stands.