Thread: Pharone
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 11:32 AM
pharone1
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmai9 View Post
Interesting concept. What is the planned end game / replayability goal?
Here is the Pie In The Sky version of what I want. How much and if any of this is obtainable is yet to be determined

My end game goal is to have a server where you can solo all the content in the game if you want (including the hardest targets in the game) with the difficulty relying more on your choices of how you developed and play your character.

In other words, if you want to be a plate wearing melee caster hybrid that has limited mez abilities, you can. It's all about how you approach the content in my eyes.

Along those lines, I want to base the game off of one base class (utilizing the Shadow Knight right now because it has mana, has decent mitigation, etc). This is important because you can't (to my knowledge) give a non-mana using class the ability to have a mana pool. So, I had to start with a base class that had a mana pool, and I wanted one that naturally wears plate and has defensive skills.

From there, I want to make the development of your character up to you.

I'm thinking of making it so that spells don't drop in game nor are sold by vendors. Instead, I am thinking of a quest system to award you some choice in spells as you level up.

For instance, do I choose the next level Snare, Direct Heal, Heal over time, DoT, Nuke, etc this level. Do I instead choose the next level mage fire pet or necro skeleton pet?

Also, as stated before in the thread, your weapons are given to you when you create the character. You will get 1 of each of the epic weapons (highly modified to represent your level) all set to 1HS, non-lore, usable in primary and secondary stlots. The idea here is that each different type of weapon offers different benefits to your character based on procs and clickies.

As an evolution-type system, every so many levels, you will be able to do a quest from that class' guild master to upgrade that class' specific epic weapon to the next level (evolution isn't implemented in EQemu yet as far as I know, so this will be handled via giving the user a different weapon that represents the next level of evolution).

Those are some of the basic concepts I would like to drive the server design towards.

As for content...

What I want is to wipe the slate clean, and create it from scratch. One starting city with all the necessary quest givers, guild masters, crafting stations, merchants, etc. Might use South Qeynos for this, but not sure yet.

From there, I want to create the content in an episodic way. In other words, You zone out of South Qeynos in to "zone not decided yet" as the newbie starting area, and that's it at first. This starter zone would allow you to level from 1 to 10 probably.

The team (me and who ever wants to work on it) would then create the next content patch for 1 more zone that allows you to progress up to the next level range like 11 to 15. You would get to this content from some zone line in the level 1 to 10 zone. When the content is play tested and ready for consumption, we turn the zone line active for all, and it "goes live".

Then the team goes to work on the next zone, and so forth.

It's a ton of work, and in all reality, I'm telling you right now that there is a high percentage chance it will never be completed, but.... it's something to work on and have fun with now that I am pretty much tired of playing on EQ Live and TLP.

I've been in their world long enough. It's time to create MY world.

I will explain the theme in the next post as this one is long as hell now lol.