Thread: It is time...
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 06:52 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Default It is time...

It has been a long time everybody,

Some changes have happened in my life and my new job has me off on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. So, I am sitting here bored thinking
about what to do with my time. That's when it hit me, I actually have some time to myself now? I am not stressed out of my mind because
my new job is really laid back and flexible? Maybe I could use that time to do something fun and productive again?

I have been missing a part of my life that I feel completes me as a person - my creative spirit.

For those new to EQemu I created Varlyndria, Varlyndria: Ascension and Eriviyn.

I also had help from some really good coders that work with EQemulator: Natedog, KinglyKrab, Secrets, Akkadius and others. (sorry if I forgot your name it's been a while.)

These servers were all pretty successful in their prime but had a lot of controversy and mistakes that I will own up to 100% which ultimately
lead to their demise. Lately, I have seen that there are people out there who still love Eriviyn and are doing everything they can to get it going
again. I honestly can't explain in words how that makes me feel as a game designer. I feel humbled that my vision could touch and leave a mark on
some players even to this day.

With that said, I feel it is time to make an announcement to the community.

I am coming out of retirement and I will be releasing a 4th server. EDIT: Name and Logo revealed.

Here are some early minor details I have in store for this new playground:

DONATIONS
- This server will not have a donation system.
- Sending me money as a gift for my services is 100% optional and appreciated.

BOXING
- The happy medium seems to be 3 boxing so this is my current plan.

BOTS
- I feel 2 bots would give players a party of 3 (holy trinity) for soloing most content if you don't like to box.
- 2 bots should also not cause a lot of stress on the server.

FEATURES I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
- EDIT: ROF2 client will be used for this server.
- I will be going back to the roots of my vision when I first released the original Varlyndria.
- I am going to release 5 class paths per normal class each with Tank, Healing, Control/Support, Non-Pet Dps and Pet Dps.
- The goal is to have 16 healers, 16 support/crowd control, 16 tanks, 16 pet dps and 16 non-pet dps paths for a large variety of grouping options and personal flavors.
- Pets will be DPS paths only. It will add that flavor if you desire it but healers, tanks, support and control will be pet-less unless their base class uses them.
- Total of 80 paths to play on launch. Be pretty much anything you want or can imagine.
- Original EQ stats are staying the way they are. There will not be a mess of 16,000,000 pet critical hits because of 3000 cha or 700 STR boosts. Numbers will be very low.
- The Ring, Bracer, Earring, Source and Charm system from Eriviyn is coming back for the class paths.
- These class path items will feature a special augmentation slot. The augmentations for path items will be quest/raid related per content updates to keep them BiS.
- When calculating damage/healing I will be using a lot of algorithms and be very careful. I am going to base my damage on a template and work from there.
- Players will have the option to have 3 path choices on 1 character to allow for versatility but leave room for replay value.
- Class paths will be restricted to that class. Example: There won't be necromancer/mage paths mixing up to create an unbalanced mess.
- No hand-me-outs. I want this 4th server to be a challenge and gear to come with hard work. Stats will also be very low.
- More focus on custom content to make things interesting and fresh.
- This server will be 100% PVE and will focus on progression.
- Players will have solo content but the top end gear will be raid progression and paths needing to work together.

The goal for server 4 is making it where everybody has the option to fit a role quickly so nobody has to wait around to find a tank, healer or support and just play the game
and have fun. This project is in starting development stages and could take several months to create. I will post another thread when I am much further along.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to post them below.