View Single Post
Old 10-31-2022, 01:02 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vire70 View Post
I made a totally new eqemu server install, put the quests from solo package in, sourced in your DB & loginaccounts... and yeah, it doesn't work.
I have that solo package installed on mine, has been since I put it together, before I posted the download. Mine is working fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
I found an older, clean database of mine, vs 9178, which seem to take that sql query for the solo server no problem. Then I updated the whole thing to db version 9200.
You DON'T NEED TO source that sql file in from the solo package here, but you will need the rest of the script files.
Just to clarify, (In that quote above) where I said "you will need the rest of the script files", it's referring to QUEST SCRIPTS, not sql queries. The quest scripts, you just add to your server quests folder.

BUT, if you are using newer code than when I posted that, then it all needs to be updated. (using the update script). Otherwise, you will get a lot of errors. The current (as of today) version for peq is 9212. That db I put together was updated to 9200.

I always advise people not to rely on that update script too much when trying to update an older version database. Best thing you can do is go into the db_version table and knock the version back (for example) 9178 or something, THEN run the update script eqemu_server.pl I have cases where I had to do it a few times, because I have dealt with a lot of older databases, when monkeying around with projects. Afterwards, login to the game, to whatever zone, then look at the server zone logs and it may show you what tables/fields are still missing.

The OP that put that original server package together, never came back to keep it up to date. Myself, I run version 9200 code right now and I'm not updating that at all. I only did this as a one time update and have no plans on continuing to do that, but in the mean time, the db/binary versions from Emu devs will keep upgrading way past this database.