View Single Post
Old 11-04-2022, 08:21 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

I have never played on FVP but after I saw this post I started reading about it. I think that I would like it if I could manage to hit 60 with out burning out due to the level grind. And the burnout factor would hold true for other servers as well.
I have been playing on Al’Kabor for a little while now and I really like the server. The people there are very friendly and helpful. Planes of Power is one of my favorite eras of Everquest so that helps too. My one complaint would be the windows game client used on that server is not easy to get used to after using RoF/RoF2 for so many years.
I have also played on PEQ, EZ Server and many others about ten or so years ago. To me the use of Mercs/Bots really ruins the game so I would likely avoid any server that allows them. The one thing that really keeps interested in a server is the custom content. This stems from the fact I spent eight years raiding on EQ live and in doing so I have seen a lot of expansions from beginning to end. I also run my own private server so that I can have my own game world where I can remove or alter the very things that cause me to burnout from the grind of a lot of servers.