View Single Post
Old 11-05-2022, 07:40 AM
vonamist
Fire Beetle

Default in answer to huppy

hi, Huppy! I will try again to clarify but would be great to see TT here as well if he chooses.

I may not be as good at the lingo (apologies for that!) but some players myself included consider an mq2 controlled char a "bot" in a party...this is a char levelled up from scratch by the player just like any other pal/war/wiz/clr etc and normal races etc). I learned the terminology when I started eq emu and can't remember where I picked it up...now whether this is accurate/what others consider a bot or not I don't know but I'm guessing my meaning was lost in translation because of a poor choice in describing it?
You're correct in saying that the he server is extremely accurate for era and the work he put in along with the other devs is evident in everything!

To be clear, FVP allows players to control chars using mq2 - there are no mercenaries on the server and I'm not sure what kind of other "bots" there are on other servers but there are no others there and this is a probably a case of me not understanding the lingo.

For one more bit of info to clarify, here is the wiki link:

https://fvproject.com/index.php/Main_Page

I feel bad that the thread got hijacked by me screwing up the meaning of "bots" but I was interested in finding out what makes people stay or go from their servers whether that be FVP or not. Hey you know what tho - we got people talking which is good tho I think?

Have a great weekend, all!!

Sinn