View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 10:46 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

usually people want to control everything from 1 mouse keyboard, either many accoutns 1 pc or many pcs, but it want to kinda do the opposite. I've seen it referred to as ncomputing (but i dont want the hardware etc) there's also a windows multi server something for lowincome nations for education etc, and everywhere I have found people looking for this exact function, people have jumped at saying they need 2 windows keys (because usually they wanted their buddy to play with them, or share computer with their wife etc) but i'm only 1 person wanting to use both screens WITH mice/keyboards..so 2 workstations but 1 chair., setting up a VM will not work due to space, my computer not wanting to take the shell install for it, need for windows inside it, etc.

usually called multiseating because people want multiple workspaces so multiple people can use at same time. i know ive seen some mention of it in some obscure parts of isboxer site talking about assigning to specific applications (but idk if it works how im reading it to) and blah blha.

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center will do it and a ton more, though I don't need the rest of it, but only works on microsoft devices and most of mine are logitech.

AutoHotKey is popular on the dual-boxer or whatever its called forum, and I know it'd be possible there, but I think coding it is way beyond me at this point and thought maybe people here, doing a lot more interacting with code than GQPublic EQ users on DBG, may be familiar with that.

I installed another version of TeamPlayer and got it to work...sorta...but the keyboards worked on both windows despite being tied to specific mice and hte 2nd mouse b eing tied to 2nd eq screen only, and then the 2nd mouse appeared to work, until i tried opening the bank and everytime i'd rightclick, my view would go to the floor and no banker would open, so that was a bust. I was hopeful for a little while there though lol.

Still waiting for the free trial approval thingie to even think about isboxer or more likely their parent software: Inner Space, to try that.