Thread: Bags
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2020, 06:48 PM
xarisd
Fire Beetle

It's cool. I figured it can't be done, else it would have been done in all this time, if for no other reason than just the satisfaction of being the guy to do it. I'm just going to live with it. Verant bashed out code that sounds like they followed the Microsoft model, making a complete mess of things that only now are being figured out by actual programmers. Exploring on my own has been a wash. I can't read machine language and Notepad++ only gets me so far, and I don't have the concentration required to do a full decompile. My life's work is in troubleshooting, not programming. Programmers are way above me, I think, and if it's as hard as you guys are saying, then for me it's a deep red con raid boss. I don't have a prayer of getting that far.

It's not like 10 slot bags are really that big of a problem anyway, especially when you can edit trash lore items to be not lore and sell them. There's a program to make it easier, but I do it with Heidi because said program keeps telling me "An item with the same key has already been added." Looking through all the tables says this is false, but, whatever, because the error message doesn't say what that key is. It could be any of a thousand things, so why bother? Anyway I'll stick to making halfling bards and Vah Shir who follow Erollisi Marr because that stuff is easy, and fun.

Thanks anyway, and you know, I'm just super grateful that there IS an Everquest private server at all. It's a dream come true, and there's no point in sweating the small stuff, you know? "Oh, this cake is perfect, except it doesn't have chocolate frosting, wahhhhh..." Pfft, it's a great cake, eat it, you whiny jerk! It works great, and really that's all that matters.