View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 03:59 AM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Question

ok i couldnt find anything (the freebie tradeskill quests i found in database werent what i consider freebie ts quests as they dont just hand you the ingredients) i didnt look at the custom stuff really because i was looking to recreate the Live in this area.

now, i've never messed with Perl an iota, but i was digging trying to find how to make the quests etc and foudn that a lot of it has to be done in perl (or lua im guessing but i have Perl and i've seen it before) So, before messing with the SQL to make this an actual quest, I thought I should get the Perl right, as that's the entire basis of the quests except for handins. oh and i still have to figure out how to add the supplies prompt once it's 4 separate quests, not everything triggered off a hail and skill check.

so here's what I put together, but I can't get it to work. I started out having the multiple summons be && on same line instead of separate quest:summons, but i thought it looked wrong, and i tried that way first. The big thing I think I have wrong, is getting it to check the player's brewing skill in this instance. the only thing I could find to do that is what I used but it just seems wrong with parentheses inside parentheses and..well, it's not working. Any suggestions?

Code:
sub EVENT_SAY
{
	if($text=~/hail/i)
	{
		if($GetSkill(65) < 31)
		{
			quest::say("A fledgling brewer!  I've got a recipe for you to start out with.  Take these ingredients and make yourself some Spicy Sunrise."); 
			quest::summonitem(98259,20);
			quest::summonitem(98289,20);
		}
		elsif($GetSkill(65) < 38)
		{
			quest::say("Wonderful!  Now, to further that skill, you should try your hand at some Vanilla Coffee.  It's the perfect weather, don't you think?");
			quest::summonitem(58164,20);
			quest::summonitem(58033,20);
			quest::summonitem(98256,20);
		}
		elsif($GetSkill(65) < 46)
		{
			quest::say("If you'd like a little more spring in your step, my secret recipe Peppy Juice is just the thing.  I'll share the secret with you though, because you've been such a great student.");
			quest::summonitem(98259,20);
			quest::summonitem(58033,20);
			quest::summonitem(58070,20);
		}
		elsif($GerSkill(65) < 54)
		{
			quest::say("Ahh, that hits the spot.  Now, it's getting a little late in the day for me.  I've got a tasty evening drink recipe, if you'd like to try your hand at it.  This Simple Spiced Wine is perfect after a long day, I'm sure you'll agree.");
			quest::summonitem(58133,20);
			quest::summonitem(98289,20);
		}
		if($GetSkill(65) >=54)
		{
			quest::say("I'm sorry, your skill is too great for my help now.  Perhaps it is time to learn another craft.")
		}
	}
}
and yeah, it's saved as Brewer_Mesi.pl inside the crescent folder inside quests, because well, i thought i was looking for zones or world folder and i couldnt find them. so that could very well be the problem too.