View Single Post
Old 10-09-2004, 04:36 AM
jimbox114
Hill Giant

That is the exact way I have tried useing quest::depop() but it just won't work. I tried useing it that way on Fronglo's Server, and have tried in on Evolutions and both times it has done nothing. Both Servers have used .5.7dr6, maybe that has something to do with it?

Looks like I might go with plan b, and have the npc suicide after a few minutes.

***EDIT***

The idea of useing cazic touch don't seem to work too well. Here is the script I have been useing to try and despawn the npc. I know the timer is set pretty low that is just for testing purposes. I plan to let it stay spawned alot longer once its working.

Code:
#teleporter
##Spawns on the death of mini-boss npc. Ports players to part two of zone, then should depop after a certain time.

sub EVENT_SPAWN
{
 quest::shout ("Finnally I have been freed from the clutches of this evil bird!");
 quest::settimer(1,15);
}

sub EVENT_SAY
{
 if ($text=~ /Hail/i){quest::say("Greetings, I am Druzzil Ro, the Mother of Solusek Ro.  After seeing the horrible things my son had been doing he had me carried away by that vial creature.  So what brings you to this fiery place?  Are you here to fight my son [Solusek Ro]?");}

if ($text=~ /solusek/i){quest::say("I see, I will help you then.  I can transport you to his secret hideing area. I hate to see any harm come to my only son, however I can see he has become [evil] just like his father.  Anyways let me know when you are [ready].  Once I teleport you there, I can not bring you back.");}

if ($text=~ /evil/i){quest::say("Yes I knew long ago the type of person his father had become.  I had thought I could raise him better.  However my son's heart was tainted years ago, and there was just nothing I could do.  Let me know if you are ready to venture on");}

if ($text=~ /ready/i){quest::say("Very well, off you go then.  I wish you luck."); quest::movepc(212,218,1480,-63);}

}

sub EVENT_TIMER
{
quest::say("I must now go, best of luck");
#quest::depop();
quest::castspell(131,982); 
}
With the quest::depop she just said I must go now over and over again. With the castspell you could see her making the spell cast motion, but she was not actually casting it. After about 5 times the zone crashed.