View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 02:38 AM
dew1960
Sarnak

Default Does this work?

Hi!

I downloaded your ServerAdmin tool and the updated icon pack. Installed them according you your short and sweet readme.

I opened up the application after nagging errors stating that it appears I did not create the server on this machine - no encryption key, blah blah.

I got past the errors clicking ok and entereed mysql db infor and server login,

- Server login is an account name I use to login and play on my server, is that right? I used my GM account to make sure it had enough status to function.

The application crashed time after time and seems highly unstable at this point. I know it is alpha but I couldn't get anything to work. Before I entered my info I browsed the tool tabs to see what it shoud be able to do. I saved my information, after clicking continue past the errors. And restarted as prompted.

Anyway, after several attempts (each time gettng the same nagging error popup window about encryption) I gave up and closed the app.

It seems to not be working, at least for me. Did I do something wrong? Cause if there is a way to screw something up, you can bet I probably will, LOL.

I like the idea, I know it is just in Alpha stage and I hope to see it become stable in time for use. I have GeorgeS tools but it took me a while to figure out how to use them. Some of those crash too. I would like to see all his tools rolled into one app. I dunno if he still supports his tools I have not seen anything new from him in a long time. The EqEmu Admin tool 5.9 (latest?) on source forge is several years old and does not seem to work with the current server core an DB. At least it didn't for me.

I am looking for an easy to use all around editor. I tried the PEQPHPEditor from
http://www.peqtgc.com/tools_.php#peqe but that doesn't work for me either, well it does for some things but keeps throwing errors out and crashing. Something about the coding and php not gettng along!

Is there a current tool that works for editng all the stuff in the DB other than GeorgeS? So far his seem to be teh most stable with the least crashes, once I figured out how to use them and got over the malware complaints from my browser when I downloaded them (made me a bit nervous at first) .

Well, I have high hopes that this will fully develop into something useful.

Adventure Unlimted - Underfoot!