View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 10:58 PM
knowom
Discordant

That looks awesome to me. This stuff looks really fun to muck around with. I'd love to see a EQemu github repository with custom graphics related content and a update patch program to download from it and patch our original files with the modded "copyright free" content.

It's easy enough to save .s3d files and without copyright materials by just saving the custom user made only portions. I can't think of a "legal" reason why we couldn't do that then have it patched to overwrite our own default .s3d game files. Custom zones for Open Zone are saving copyright free user content so I don't a difference as far saving and distributing provided copyright material isn't included.

Here's a very nice tool I just discovered! Something Windcatcher did. This looks like it ties in well and source was included. It shows static models for geometry and such. Curious if this might be something that could help fix all those screwed up rotated textures in early zones. A example of one is that entry path in unrest one of the the textures all go vertical until close to the house itself then you have this oddball square that inexplicably is rotated 90 degrees and looks horizontally aligned instead. Sony lazy as they are never bothered to fix them go figure even in zones like Grobb. It is really could neat though this Windcatcher person sure made cool mod tools very forward thinking! You can export zones to .OBJ and import .WLD files among some other stuff.

http://sourceforge.jp/projects/sfnet...erter_1.3.zip/