View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 01:18 PM
knowom
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shendare View Post
Oh my god, I took a look.

Not only are they actual Bitmaps with no mipmaps, but they're 64x64 8-bit palette indexed bitmaps. The ones I was looking at in RoF2 were 256x256 with 16-bit DXT compression, and even they looked blocky and low-def in-game.

I had no idea that when I was playing with the Titanium client, things were looking -that- bad. Walking around, the banding/flickering appeared to be present, meaning no mipmaps were in use, but the sheer low resolution of the textures alleviated the problem a bit, since the lack of definition made the textures so blurry.

Graphically speaking... Titanium looks like a last-resort type of client to use if you don't have anything newer.
Classic zones were revamped with Luclin expansion and can be found on those CD's with higher 256x256 resolution textures, but Titanium install didn't include those higher resolution s3d revamps because Sony was just too cheap to fit them onto another couple CD's.

LOD Bias also plays a significant part in flickering/shimmering or how sharp/blurry a texture is in game the sharper it is the more flicker/shimmering you get with it so it's a trade off really personally I like it sharp and can deal with the shimmer compromise myself. You need something like RivaTuner/Nvidia Inspector/ect to adjust LOD Bias though. The lower resolutions actually wasn't such a huge deal with CRT's, but they really bad today at 1080p or greater especially LCD's are much sharper as well.