View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 11:42 AM
silvergrin46
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the response. In a sense it is much like a recourse effect.
However let's say in a recourse spell - The spell Id to be recoursed is added to the main spells recourse field. When you cast the main spell it then casts the spell from the recourse field onto the caster of the main spell.

What I am trying to do is have the main spell trigger the spell script and then only cast a specific spell or perform actions based on criteria in the script instead of only one spell.

As an example:

Main spell:
Summon Mage pet
Basically a blank spell it is self targeted and beneficial with only a positive charisma spell effect in it. This spell has no duration.

When summon Mage pet is cast the spell file is triggered with a script that does the following:

Get spell caster current level

If level is 1-50 then cast spell to summon lower level pet.

If level is 51-85 then cast spell to summon higher level pet

I apologize for the long post I'm just trying to explain this right.
I'd like to be able to identify who the exported integer caster_id is in the spell file. If I cannot perform the checks for level in the above example and then cast the spell directly, then I'd like to perform the level checks and send two different signals to the player file and then cast the appropriate spells.

If I need to I will use the player file and identify each spell in the function event_cast section, perform the checks and activate the spell I want to cast from there. But with many custom spells the global_player file can get crowded fast.