View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 12:22 AM
trevius
Developer

Yeah, that is some nice work, Erde

What are the 2 files you are requiring at the beginning there?

Have you considered using ShowEQ logs instead of the .pf log? ShowEQ log files might be a bit easier to read and I am pretty sure we can post accurate structures for them to update and they will update them so we can use their struct files with the tool. That might make upkeep a bit easier. Then we would have 2 projects helping to keep structs and opcodes up to date so the tool continues to work instead of getting outdated if people from here stop updating it.

I think Derision already hit most of the important packets we would want. You would just need to have it do MySQL queries to get them into the database. Though, until it was refined, it would probably be best to only update test databases and then copy over the good updates into the production database after verifying all went well.

I don't know how the old system handled pathing, but as Derision mentioned, it isn't an easy task to do. Ideally, you would want to be the only char in the zone while collecting pathing information or you risk people pulling mobs and throwing off your pathing info.

We probably also want zone points:
OP_SendZonepoints

And, I wouldn't mind having AAs to help get the SoF AA stuff worked out:
OP_SendAATable

Since for basic database population we really only require a few packet types, it probably wouldn't be too hard to keep this tool updated. As long as it can see Null Terminators and be able to do the proper conversions for 8bit, 16bit, 32bit, Strings, and floats, I don't think it would be too hard to add new fields or adjust structures and such when needed. Then, we would just need a config file for updating the few Opcodes we want to collect info from and another config file for updating the actual structures.

Just being able to collect doors, objects and spawns alone would be a huge step in the right direction