View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 12:53 PM
Packet
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaela_S View Post
Okay well looking at some things it appears it just uses the alpha channel for transparency like some kind of reasonable thing. Too used to S3D format myself, I expected some kind of wrinkle ;p Haven't tested in-game but seems likely.
Edit:Actually, I just confirmed that alpha masking doesn't seem to carry over when I export to obj. I re-imported my OBJ back into 3ds max and the textures were fubarred like they are in the screenshot below.

Transparency in .png textures isn't working out for me. I set the material to use the alpha channel and renders come out alright. But in-game, these are my results. I'm trying to find an EQG zone that has a model (like grass or something) that I can reference. Is there a different shader perhaps?

http://xonos.net/zone/ss11.png

I noticed something which may be intended by design but I thought I might bring it up. The materials that are imported (like my trees) are seemingly duplicated. I use the same material on a large majority of the duplicate meshes in my scene. Instead of re-using the same material, it duplicates a copy of the material which makes it hard to do "mass edits" to referenced objects sharing the same material. But I'm not sure if this was intended or not.

Formerly "Richardo"