View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 01:25 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Before I start: I Just want to give a big shout-out to my two friends who have helped
me get back into this when I was rusty as hell, adding some source changes and helping
with scripts etc. Thanks you for everything gentleman!

I just wanted to let everybody know the server is coming along well. There is still a lot of
work to do on it before any kind of release, but things are definitely moving in the right direction.
I also wanted to let everybody know that the server will not be needing anything like "VSES" this
time around. Stats will do the following automatically:

STR: Increases damage with melee weapons by 1% for each point.
DEX: Increases damage with ranged weapons by 1% for each point.
INT: Increases spell/discipline damage by 1% for each point. (life taps are 0.1%)
WIS: Increases healing by 1% for each point.
CHA: Increases perma pet and swarm pet damage by 1% per point.

Path clicky damage effects use INT to be boosted. However, INT as you all know is not easy to find on
most melee gear unless you're a SK. I have added some INT to all gear that has STR because of this to
keep melee characters in the game. Bots also now scale with the stats above and so do their pets as well.

Mobs are scaled to take on you (Champion) and your team of bots or a few player friends/boxing. They
have insane HP. Even a level 1 mob will kick your ass if you're not prepared for it. This also fits into the
story line. Your character is a leader that has their own unit of soldiers.

I suppose I can give off a couple last things about the server here while I am typing this. AAs at launch will
be limited to Shadows of Luclin only (the original AAs) and zones will be limited to Vanilla, Kunark and custom
areas only. There is a hub and the portal NPC is not a spoon-feeder type. He's going to dump you in the middle
of no where in choice areas that fit the story line (not revealed yet to public). Travel, wizards and druids will
indeed be very viable. There will also be some nasty surprises waiting for players outside of the hub zone at
random times also due to the story line. Let's just say the hunter becomes the hunted. The server delivers a
very unique feeling but still keeps the nostalgia that everybody loves of EQ - but just makes it more casual and
interesting. Progression is solid in all old world zones on this server. Items are not crazy and out of hand but there
are indeed a good deal of custom ones as well.

That doesn't even come close to covering everything.

More to come.