View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 01:04 AM
knowom
Discordant

It would be really cool if you could model a trebuchet or cannon which could target the towers with maybe minor aoe splash damage make them a resource gathering quest and limited to like 1 or 2 per team in use at a time. They could be relatively easy to target and kill though and could only indirectly harm enemies by the attacked tower spot. It would add a new layer or twist to MOBA/DOTA, but would feel fairly home with MMO genre DAOC/WARHAMMER for example used sedge weaponry. I could see a ample amount of traps being fun to toss in as well both triggered and environmental places you fall through hidden floors like in Guk. They could do damage, teleport, snare, slow, root, knock back, knock up (upheaval), and so on.

Packet do you know what your going to cap the levels at yet? When I was thinking over and discussing the EQ DOTA/MOBA subject with Nerdgasm in the past I felt like 20 would be a good level cap in the context of EQ that way you could cap skill points at 100 cleanly 5 per level which he seemed to more or less be in agreement with about it. I've admittedly defiantly been influenced by early UO and it's 100 point skill cap, but it worked well in that so feel it could as well for this.

I'm guessing those towers are considered races are target able a bit like a frightful chest mobs from plane of hate and are stationary rooted in place or will be? At least that's how myself and Nerdgasm had thought that aspect through and discussed as a method that made practical sense. Which I'm sure they automatically KOS aggro the opposing team within range additionally.

Are you planning to have a few map variety rotations with different spawn types? Like I can see one being themed around Vampires vs Werewolves, day/night cycles of living/undead, good vs evil mobs, ect a variety of themes are quite easily possible is what I'm getting at.

The map could also have some subtle or somewhat more drastic 3D modeling style design altercations as well. I really like ARAM howling abyss map for example in LoL all mid if you will that's defiantly my favorite. I'd love to have a four faction sided summoners rift type of map because I know it could be ultra competitive and unpredictable. More of a Crystal Scar map design that was a five sided faction would probably make it 3 players per faction side and have a game mode such as FFA, CTF, or some other control scheme would be loads of fun as well. Lastly vary a bit from the 3vs3 or 5v5 match number scales could make things pretty intensified too.

I don't know what you have in mind really at this stage outside of getting a good working prototype up and running, but looks interesting I can see this being a bit hit a lot of us will be anticipating this. I know I will, but I've pushing for this Dota/Moba meets EQ concept for some time. It's great to see someone really a lot more able to pull this off than me working on such a idea and goal. I've actually wanted to see a MOBA based MMO since about the first 3 months or so of playing LoL which I beta tested because it was free to play and sounded awesome and it was and still is as a game it's just gotten better with time.

Hopefully this server can to as well in time. I for one fully am on board with this projects goal and ambition. I wouldn't mind chipping in and contributing a bit towards it if your looking for some additional help and if there is a way I can be of some practical help or aid towards it when time permits of course. I'm not the greatest at 3D modeling, but I've spent a bit of time learning a bunch of basics to how Blender works though admittedly I wouldn't consider myself the most naturally gifted creative person in regards to it. I could probably try to do some custom map types or portions of them anyway if you are interested in some EQ MOBA map variation.