View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 04:16 PM
trevius
Developer

GeorgeS,

As I have said before, all of your tools are amazing. The NPC loot editor is awesome for multiple purposes.

There is something that has me puzzled about editing certain NPCs. The NPCs I am wondering about are NPCs that are spawned through a quest event. Since the NPC isn't actually listed for any particular zone (as far as I know), they don't appear to show up in the list.

One example is the Tower of Frozen Shadows. There are quests set in place for the key droppers and certain named to spawn that aren't in the NPC database for that zone. I am not exactly sure where they are unless they are just out there not assigned to any zone. This is much more apparent in potimeb. In potimeb, there is only 1 spawn in the database table, and it is a trigger spawn. Because Potimeb is a series of events, there are no real static spawns, they are all triggered. I am wondering if there is a way to list all triggered spawns for a zone, or even all spawns that aren't set to any specific zone that might be used for events such as these.

Maybe there is a way to set the mobs that aren't in the spawn table in any zone to be changed so they are actual normal spawns in the zone they are supposed to be for. Even if that change is a manual one.

As is, I am planning to completely respawn all of potimeb myself and set it up so it doesn't use triggers at all. It will be a fair amount of work to get it halfway decent, but if there was an option to move in the spawns that already exist, but aren't in that zones' database, it would really quicken things up.

Thanks in advance for any insight you may have on this. If you have any questions, or need more specific examples let me know. An easy way to see this is to pull up potimeb in your npc loot editor, and then look at that zone in your quest editor as well. You will see the spawn trigger has a large series of events assigned to it. Although as far as I can tell, it is only complete up to the end of phase 1 (I don't see phase 2-5).

Last edited by trevius; 01-30-2008 at 12:20 AM..