View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 11:14 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coenxai View Post
Each time I see the RoF2 changes on GitHub I get a little bit giddy Trev Awesome work.
Demonstar55 and Uleat have both been helping with RoF2 a bit as well, so it isn't just me :P

I am excited to get closer to completing the RoF2 client. I am working on Bazaar now, which is one of the more complicated systems that is left to do. Hopefully I can get it working without too much more work. So far, I have it so you can start a trader on RoF2 and purchase from them using previous clients (UF or lower). If I can get purchasing working on RoF2, it should be done.

That will mostly just leave Guild Bank as the final thing to get done to complete the client (at least enough to be fully caught up with any previous client compatibility on EQEmu). This will hopefully be easier to do than the Bazaar stuff, so it may not be too much longer before it is done.

There will still be minor issues to resolve that aren't well documented yet or easily reproducible. I think the cursor buffer work-around still needs a few more tweaks to be perfect. Sometimes people still have issues with that, mostly related to stacking items.

It will be nice to finish this off so other things can be focused on. It will be the first fully compatible client since UF which has been a few years