View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 03:39 PM
kokey98
Hill Giant

they both "caught" for me. when i ran update, not sure if i am having same issue, then... or was...

no bot version, so it repeated proces... since they both edit that table and one drops it, after it gets dropped the 9014 has to run again.

it was only a problem that i saw because i went through he update multiple times without reason (i didn't have a version # for bots).

just making sure the info i gave was communicated properly. i only perceive a small portion of the picture.

you drop the whole table in the 9010 sql update, not just removing a column - but only a problem for a dummy who doesn't have the bot.version. otherwise, it wouldn't run back through sql updates that have already run properly 1 time.

* as you probably know, "learning" a language or something like sql in a classroom environment is not very thorough... the main benefit is organizational concepts, structure etc etc. you learn the "right" way before you develop bad habits.

what are there 7 tenets to a relational database? the first 4-5? are all that's important to all but the most sophisticated setups and are common sense. i couldn't recite them, but i would probably adhere to them in practice, because it's the logical way to make it.

so, i use "learn" very loosely. i am familiar enough to google and recall some voacb and find an example of the sql command. the order of some things is not a fresh memory at all. i know enough to be very dangerous to my server's health :p