View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 01:23 AM
AudioGarden21
Sarnak

Thanks for the reply Trevius, I greatly appreciate it.

All the values for rulesets under rule_values were set to 1 by default with my database.

The only thing that works for spell crits is base chance, that's it. Changing values for BaseCritRatio, WizCritLevel, WizCritChance, or WizCritRatio do nothing, with their rulesets all set to 1.

However I did manage to get WizCritChance to work AFTER I went into the code with that link you provided me. I changed the hard coded WizCritChance to a value of 100. After doing that it allowed me to adjust the values on the database itself as though it were working as normal. 5% on the database = 5% chance to crit for my Test Wizard. However I would have liked to have all of them working (I'm still unable to get WizCritRatio to do anything) because I want Wizards to have a slightly superior DD structure for my server.

I'm unsure why the change to the hard coding allows me to adjust the WizCritChance in rule_values now but it does... Your guess is as good as mine.

Have you double checked that adjusting WizCritRatio works on your server?

EDIT

Also, is there a hard cap on spell crit from focus? I'm guessing 6 is a hard cap. All of the data I've seen in the spells_new file is 6% tops for any spell crit modifiers.