View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 07:02 PM
Packet
Hill Giant

Default Dark Horizons (MOBA)

I'm just tossing this up for anyone that might be interested in a new concept. I'm currently developing and have been for some time now a MOBA (League of Legends/Dota-Inspired) server which offers 3v3 & 5v5 modes.

Special thanks to Zaela for putting so much hard work into the Zone Import tool. It has been invaluable and this wouldn't be possible without it. Below are some in-game screenshots of the first successful build of the zone itself. There's a lot of polishing that needs to be done on this zone however, it's compiled and working well. Water has yet to be added but that's the next thing I am working on which shouldn't take long at all. One thing to note however, the bump-mapping seems to have way too much depth. This is on purpose for testing. It will be a lot cleaner on release.

Entire Map (not-ingame):

Pre-Answered Questions:

Explain game-play a bit.
I won't go over all of the details yet but imagine the product of League of Legends * EQ.

Matches are predicted to last anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour or longer. This server will not cater towards those that prefer grinding, doing long quests and camping mobs for hours on end. This server is for those that want to play in a competitive environment and potentially kill other players that have been around for a while. Having a "high-level" character outside of matches provides no physical benefit in an actual match other than your knowledge and experience. There's much more to mention but I won't dig too much into it yet. Technically, you could have another copy of EQ which has our patch and play it during your downtime on another server. Perhaps you're waiting on a rezz or waiting for a raid to start... Whatever your reasoning is, it'll be there.

Will there be bushes that I can hide in?
Yes.

Will there be custom spells and abilities?
Yes. There will even be skill-shots. For those that do not know what skill shots are, the direction you're aiming will make a difference.

How will you choose your "champion" to play in a match?
All players will spawn in a hub. There will be an interface where you queue up to join a match to which you'll then choose your champion through the same interface in-game.

What about the mini map in moba games?
There will be a mini map with fog of war that you can ping and I'll show you soon how we're going to do it.

How many people are on your development team?
Just me at the moment.

Do you have a server host for this yet?
Not yet. I'll figure something out.

How will this affect me playing other servers?
The patch will be reversible through the patcher (whichever one I use, if not my own).

What about cheaters that use MQ2?
I'll do the best I can to rig a client that fucks with MQ2 but I can't stop everything. In this sort of game-mode, cheaters will be pretty noticeable anyways and I'll be watching players when that time comes.

Formerly "Richardo"