View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 01:42 PM
cubber
Discordant

Thank you for this, I have had minilogin running under linux in the past but this made it much simpler to get away from the Public loginserver hell. I never new there was a web tool published to create your own gimp public server with minilogin. It is perfect for my setup after some modifications.

One thing you may want to note in the guide is that it is necessary to forward "UDP" port 5999 to your server on your firewall in order to allow public access to the minilogin server.

Second I see that accounts and passwords are limited to "9" characters on the web tool. This is not practical since some of my old users had account names greater than 9 characters with passwords greater than 9 characters. Granted when you switch from public to this type of login all of thier passwords are set to "blank" as far as minilogin is concerned they still have the same usernames. So you will need to go in and add passwords for thier accounts in your db in order for them to log in. In order to change the 9 character limit edit these lines in the index.php file:

Code:
<td width="326" align="left" valign="top"><input name="username" type="text" class="formelements" id="username" size="40" maxlength="9" />
to

Code:
<td width="326" align="left" valign="top"><input name="username" type="text" class="formelements" id="username" size="40" maxlength="25" />
to increase the username to 25 characters

and

Code:
<td align="left" valign="top"><input name="password" type="password" class="formelements" id="password" size="40" maxlength="9" />
to

Code:
<td align="left" valign="top"><input name="password" type="password" class="formelements" id="password" size="40" maxlength="25" />
to increase the password size to 25