View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 08:40 AM
trevius
Developer

I agree with Uleat.

A good experiment would be to make a copy of your Live patched EQ folder and then copy the eqgame.exe from your RoF2 client folder. Then update the eqhosts file and create the shortcut to eqgame.exe like normal and see if that makes any difference for loading. This should help rule out if the issue is with eqgame.exe (most likely), or with some other file(s) in the EQ folder.

If that doesn't work, my best suggestion would be to start googling for stuff like "Everquest APU Crash" and see if you can find anyone from EQ Live that posted a work-around/fix. Check the SOE forums as well. Maybe someone found a trick like changing eqclient.ini to something specific or putting EQ in some compatibility mode or something. You might also want to read through the patch notes from when that issue was fixed and see if the note gives any hints as to what they did to fix it.

If no one can find a fix, then there is very little we can do until they update Steam with a new EQ client that includes the fix. Even if they do, it could mean weeks/months/years before we have EQEmu caught up with the new client version.

From what I have read, the APUs are basically for notebooks/tablets. I would suggest playing on a desktop or laptop.

If you do happen to find a work-around, please be sure to post back here about it so anyone else with the same issue can resolve it as well.

Good luck!