View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 10:21 AM
kris1
Sarnak

I'm sure it's me, and my own lack of understanding. So, I don't mean to blame anyone.

I'm just lost.
I feel like there should be more pictures showing what you should be seeing with each step?

Once I have it installed, and I have a server in a folder...

How do I start the server so that it's ready for someone to log into it. a picture of the desktop, with all the proper windows open, and stuff happening, would probably help. I feel like every time I try I get a different result. Again, I'm sure it's me.

I feel like this isn't any more complicated than setting up your eqhost file and shortcut, but I'm still not getting it. And I feel like, just like the first time I was faced with setting up my EQ install for EQEmu servers, once I get it right, I'll be shocked at how simple it is, and it's just the instructions that seem daunting.

Anyways, I guess where I'm stuck now is, how do I make my server accessible to a player, not the IP address, I think I figured that out, or can. But rather, what do i need to do from a freshly booted computer, to put my server in the state where it's playable...what files need to be run. In fairness to you guys, it may be working fine, and I just don't know that i already did it. I'm THAT lost. LOL

I'm sure these instructions are sufficient. I'm sure it's just me. And I'm sure that when i get it, I'm going to embarrassed for not having gotten it on my own. So I apologize for coming across as I'm sure I did.

I'll keep trying, and reading. I have a day off to myself today, so perhaos when I'm not trying at the end of the day, when I only have an hour, and am already frustrated, I'll have better luck.

OR!!!

Maybe a carpenter/stone mason should not be trying such things...LOL. I'm open to that idea.

Sincerely
Kris