View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 09:32 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingly_Krab View Post
This will break all NPCs in the game, as you're telling him to change a column that is referenced in the source code on multiple occasions and not actually telling him to change the source behind it. I'm not sure why people don't use EOC, it's a great system written for the sole purpose of being dynamic and easily updated.
Code:
d_meele_texture1
Is actually still referenced in the source? If not, then, what he said was sound and proper English instructions.

As to the EOC and whether or not people use it, because they don't want to? Or, they wish to use it only as a supplement to an application that they're used to, thus likely efficient in. EOC is powerful, the coding behind it is appreciated, however, I personally, do not like the color schemes. And when you are color deficient like me, it may make a very huge difference. Though to correct Asylum just a tad, it IS portable (EOC, or at least it was available) but, not exactly straight forward/easy peasy, certainly nowhere as easy as double clicking an EXE file from a windows explorer.

If none of that makes sense, obviously, different strokes for different folks. But, I'm sure you do (or should) understand it to a point. After all, you changed a long standing d_meele_texture1 to d_melee_texture1 only to correct spelling.

The only thing it really did accomplish was break GeorgeS' tools. But, that's my opinion, as I said, different strokes different folks. Good day.