View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 11:09 PM
Norrwind
Fire Beetle

Hey everyone...I deleted everquest, maria db, etc, everything I could find, wiped the file directories and started over. Got everything re-installed and a fresh DB and re-set the json, ini and eqhost files. Modified the admin account row in login_server_admin_registration (changed accountpassword). Booted up the eqemu servers, let it create the new data in the database. Shut it all down, modified the row that was inserted into loginserver_world_server_registration to point at serveradminid = 1. re-started the eqemu servers, everything popped up, started everquest, logged in (created new login data in the background), server select screen shows my servername and status = up, select server and get to character select. Create a character, un-click tutorial, click enter-world...and straight back to server select. I did notice after fresh install that when first boot of world and loginervers occurred I got two firewall popups asking if I wanted to allow access. I did not get a similar message for any sort of zone server (and when using the startup file I don't get a zone window).

Logs for loginserver look like what I'd expect, connecting and disconnecting as I login and move from login to character select.

World server shows
(charactername) Zoning from character select felwithea (Zone ID 61: Instance ID:0)

the log file for the zone is showing client linkdead.

the dbg.txt file in everquest itself is showing
zone connect -- 0 -- received MSG_ZONE_ADDRESS
zone connect -- 2 -- sending MSG_EQ_ADDPLAYER
zone connect -- 3 -- received MSG_SEND_PC
ERROR: Corrupt PC [2], disconnecting

This I consistent no matter how many times I try to get to past character select, always the same messages (port numbers change in surrounding messages).

Not sure what else to try and in the process of checking firewall settings (opened all ports for all eqemu related, turned the firewall completely off while disconnected from internet...just trying things), my network adapter on the laptop is now not working to connect to wifi adapters...so, resetting the laptop and will start over again tomorrow and see what happens. I appreciate all the help and attempts to get me squared away.
Thanks!