View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 06:02 AM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

When you run EQEmuServer.pl to create a fresh server the only thing you need to modify to login would be your long and short name (so you know which server is yours really). That should allow you to login from the same computer without issue. No need to touch anything but the .json file. Don't need to set up a loginserver, can just login and as soon as you enter server the account column will populate your account name. You can change status to 255 or whatever level you want there.

Make sure you run EQEmuServer.pl regardless to update your server. Download the assets etc to make sure you have all the files you need.

I've had several issues myself when I first started. I actually think my first issue was the same thing. My issue related to the eqemuconfig.xml (json now) file being wrong. That is why I'd suggest doing the absolute bare minimum to it and see if it works before trying to modify more.

Other issues I've had would be the character starting zone table missing a column (direction your character faces when you create them). But world.exe would indicate this to you.

And the last thing may be your client is messed up... Could be anything. I have had clients work one day and stop working the next. ( I keep a zip file of all my clients so I can remake if needed).