View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 03:34 PM
toubi
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowom View Post
Red99 allows for that too easily though in large part as it's not exactly tied to deity/faction choices. Hell I'd just lump them all into a deity guild and let players freely change for a fee so they can retroactively balance themselves.

Toss in a scaling XP balancing system and it would encourage relative close balance highest population receives XP penalty middle is flat normal XP and lowest population receives a XP boost and make the bonus/penalty scale according to like a bracket XP system depending upon how balanced or imbalanced it is.

I think a lot of red P99 would be compelled to switch over to a fresh start balanced 3+ sided faction TZ/VZ server. Really most PVP games I've seen that offer more than 2 sides are better balanced and more well praised in regard for it by contrast. Being on a overpopulated side can be as bad or worse almost than a underpopulated one in some regard because you run into the issue of not being able to find enough people to fight against. At least this essentially alleviates that issue regardless of which side you pick it might have lulls at times similar to red p99, but provides some auto balancing self correction fix options.

You might even give a retro active song buff/debuff to worst and best side with buff favoring the worse side since they clearly need the extra balancing help more perhaps like the XP penalty/bonus it could variably scale as well on severity of population issues.

Do a backup of what you have going and start off even keen with new idea and test it out new concept when it's ready you always revert back if it doesn't work and provide a XP bonus or something for a few weeks or w/e to the server no big loss in the end.

If you took red99 population and evenly balanced it into 3 factions which were class/race balanced right now do you honestly not think it would be more fun than in it's current state? I think that's what it boils down to in the end. Does it have the potential to be much better overall.

If enough people feel like it does I can't see a reason why they wouldn't be willing to switch over not to mention people not playing at all presently or on servers outside red99 that it might interest as well.
All of those things are technically already there and if not it's just adding a line of code or two to add back in the experience bonuses for race.