View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 02:00 AM
GlassDeviant
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by djeryv View Post
Well, I did have to make tables instead of views because views cannot have primary keys set. When I moved to the table format, and set primary keys, the queries she ran were really quick.

So the SQL would need to be ran each time you add to merchants, but there is a command to drop the table if it exists and recreate it so it is a quick matter...but you would need to remember to run it.
Here's a thought. Would it be possible to add the ability to say to her something like, "have you met any new merchants?", and have her do a live table drop and rebuild while in the server playing? With some sort of limit on how often the drop/rebuild could happen, like...no more than once per hour or only once per server restart.

Also, when I want to use HeidiSQL to access the EQ tables to mess with stuff, or add the stuff from your EQEmuSoloSettings.zip archive, do I start the EQ server first? And should I start it without the login server via t_start_server.bat, as opposed to t_start_server_with_login_server.bat?