Thread: Questions
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 11:06 AM
Sorujan
Banned

Well there I was, googling for an eq emulator and found this site, I read through the forums for a couple hours and came across this, After a couple more hours reading the wiki, I decided to download this client and setup a server and was playing with this client, I have to say AMAZING work to the developer(s) of this. You did a phenomenal job, It looks like a very early alpha to me but never the less outstanding job!

I have been reading through this thread, and felt that Maybe I could put in a couple cp. I think that this program being opensourced would be absolutly wonderful! Though I do understand the concern about cheating if it was, so here are my suggestions...

1) As has already been stated some form of a serverside check of the client version... ClearLogin seems like the best option for that, however doing it in the worldserver wouldnt be difficult either.

2) Make sure the licensing if an stipulates that the Developer / ServerOp Does not have to redistribute the source if they distribute their version of the client binaries.

3) Adding some form of an encryption layer to the packet that will send the version information to the server.

5) Impliment serverside checks on movement( As I understand it the .map files hold the line of sight information which would also have to hold information about walls and structures) E.G. Walking through walls, super speed. things of that nature... Also a serverside check on invisibility and whether or not the client has either a buff in place or the abbility to see invisible.

Now I have some suggestions:

A) Possibly a loading screen ( even just the splasy displayed when the client app first loads?) for zone transfers

B) Right click mouse look?

C)The abbility to say change the name of the client window.

D) Modularized GUI Styles( In other words the abbility to add new ui skins and choose from them(

E)Setting the client up to remember the Window possitions and allow the player to use tell windows and or add new chat windows for the various ingame chat channels

F) Last but certainly not least some eqemu users/devs getting together and getting some flavor of compatiblity with the 0.7.x server builds?

Anywho, those are my suggestions that I think havent been covered by others if so I appoligise for reposting them again.