View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 04:34 PM
rainwalkerx
Fire Beetle

Thanks Kobaz, gaeorn, and pfyon. Still getting the same error.

I tried the following two ways to run it as root:
Code:
main@userv:~/eqserver$ sudo ./start
main@userv:~/eqserver$ su root
main@userv:~/eqserver$ ./start
Also, a couple times throughout the installation, when permissions seemed incorrect, I ran this:
Code:
main@userv:~/eqserver$ sudo chown -R main:root /home/main/eqserver
main@userv:~/eqserver$ sudo chmod -R 775 /home/main/eqserver
...per one of the guide's instructions. Shouldn't that have made sure that my user had correct permissions? After this, I also selected all of the items in the folder, right-clicked, and check that executable option.

I also tried your suggestion, pfyon, in both the main eqserver directory and eqserver/world directory.

That's why all of this leads me to suspect that it's something to do with MySQL. I might receive some kind of permission denied error if "db.ini" file had incorrect settings, right? But if that were true, I should be able to just put my root account settings in and it ought to work, right? That hasn't worked, either. So I think that that file is ok but I'm wondering if there's a problem with my MySQL user or database. Or maybe I just have no idea what I'm talking about

Anyway, would it be useful for me to post my entire setup procedure? I can download/use whatever files you all recommend or I can just tell you which ones I've been using.

Thanks again,
rainwalker

P.S. - Kobaz - how do I check the targets of the sym links?