View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 05:56 PM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

1. What are your thoughts on a 6-box limit, when the most challenging and rewarding content will be tuned for 18 players?

I think 6 box is a reasonable limit for a standard EQ server (larger raids). For raids of 18, I guess I would probably think 2-3 limit because I feel if the population was low enough to warrant three actual people to complete raid content, it probably is not worth it and would seem almost like a solo server. I personally do not prefer solo servers unless, I am playing on one I built specifically for myself to solo on)

2. Which do you prefer, Dungeon Runner style, or Sandbox, and why?

I prefer sandbox type games overall. I personally prefer character development (raising skills, factions, tradeskills, farming) over repetitive dungeon runs to level/obtain gear. I actually prefer grinding, but to me dungeon runners tend to feel more repetitive than leveling in several different zones (multiple options for level ranges).

3. Do you prefer a hub zone with teleporters, or a custom zoneline travel-based world?
Actually do not care either way. Each has their benefits. I feel like zoneline travel based world gives you more options. (Donation rewards, spells, clicky items, etc.)

4. How do you feel about limiting class choices?
I like more variations among different players. Not sure that I would prefer less classes. I do want a new variety of classes though (for EQ).

5. How do you feel about completely deleting class abilities and customizing from the ground up?

I prefer new classes, spells and abilities. I find when I customize a server for just myself to play on, I tend to work around new classes more than anything else.

6. How do you feel about introducing donator weapons as the only piece of gear obtainable via donations?

I feel like gear as a donator reward is just going to be p2w... or useless. If it is an item better than what you can get it is p2w. If it is an item that will be upgraded... its value decreases as you level (making it best to buy early on--- before you should really know if you wanted to donate/pay for the server).

7. What are some tasteful rewards for donations that I can implement that are NOT pay to win?
  • Clicky gate type item on a timer.
  • Clicky rez type item on a timer.
  • Lotto type item: Could go different routes (make re-use timer dependent on the value of the item)
  • EX. Clicky that summons a random (no_drop version) of a spell/armor/disc that is obtainable from farming (not purchasable from vendors). May or may not have a benefit to the class that receives it.
  • Extra buff slot (guess the benefit of this would be dependent on how many buffs are in game).

I personally prefer no donation rewards, but understand the need.