View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 11:46 AM
Dogmai9
Sarnak

What are your thoughts on a 6-box limit, when the most challenging and rewarding content will be tuned for 18 players?
2-3 characters per ip is the ideal sweet spot for me. This gives you the opportunity to make use of the holy trinity. I do not like servers that allow more than 3box This creates a situation where you are running around by yourself all the time and if you invite other people to your group, one or more of your toons fall behind. It is harder to make friends this way as well.

Which do you prefer, Dungeon Runner style, or Sandbox, and why?
I like a mixture of classic Everquest and custom content. I do not want to have to learn every single zone, every single class, every single quest, every single spell all over again. At the same time, if I wanted a purely live like experience, I would go download the live servers. Imperium is my home server and IMO they do it very well, classic content up to max level and then custom content becomes a thing.

Do you prefer a hub zone with teleporters, or a custom zoneline travel-based world?
Again a combination of the 2. I never want to have to run more than 2-3 zones to get to my target. Comparing to Imperium again (since that is what I prefer) #zone with cords is very nice to have, but it is also locked behind progression flags. You cannot #zone potimea if you have not finished PoP progression.

How do you feel about limiting class choices?
This is likely to be a major deal breaker for me. I LOVE mmos with LOTS of class options and dislike mmos that use still trees like WoW and PoE. One option I saw on a server was a prestige system. Get to max level, run a quest, reset to level 1 with your gear and skills but pick a new class, and continue. This is an interesting concept to me.

How do you feel about completely deleting class abilities and customizing from the ground up?
This is fine with me as long as it is the only major mechanic I have to relearn. If I also have relearn what zones are level appropriate and how to get to each zone, that would be a deal breaker for me.

How do you feel about introducing donator weapons as the only piece of gear obtainable via donations?
I am vehemently against pay to win of any kind what so ever and donator weapons are pay to win.

What are some tasteful rewards for donations that I can implement that are NOT pay to win?
I am for a MTX shop that offers cosmetic and QoL options. Visages, weapon and armor ornaments, and larger bags are all good options. I am also ok with some cross class buff clickies such as a wizard who can purchase a clarity style clickie item. On Imperium I see people who play a tank class, load up a 2nd account to shaman buff their main, then load an enchanter to buff their main, then load a cleric to buff their main, then back to their "main box" all time. This is just silly imo and can be done away with by buff clickies without being game breaking.

Lastly, although you did not ask about it, I wanted to add one of the things I enjoy most is custom created lifetime quests. Incredibly long and involved quests that lead to straight up OP items or always evolving items is something that keeps me around after having "maxed out" everything else. (Think about Breakdown in Communication, back when Gates of Discord was current, and just how stupidly long and involved that quest was. This will give you an idea of what I am talking about.)