View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 10:12 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuahara View Post
I'll check to see if logs are on here in a bit and disable if needed.

I did finally do something that seems to have triggered it. I created 2 new toons while 21 other toons were online and in PoK. Both DE races. They each loaded into neriak with 30ms response times to the server, but all the toons in PoK had their response times shoot from 135ish to 5000-8000.

When I created one of the toons, I hit exit > logout and quit/closed the 2nd client so I could create only one at a time. I noticed that if I ever log a character out all the way to server select, then back to char select -> unti world, that instance of EQ will have severe artifacting issues (super stretched images that don't even closely resemble what the image is supposed to be). The artifacting is resolved by closing that one client completely and restarting it.

Am going to finish creating my toons. I expect to have around 30 when completely done and then see if giving everything a fresh start resolves the issue.

What response times are your 50+ toons that are all running on the same machine looking at?

I'd be real surprised if I was experiencing loss between 2 machines in the same network. Especially if it's not touching that outside interface anymore. I will do a continuous ping from client to server and check, though. Not sure if the results are relevant to the EQ client/server relationship or not. I assume it'd be indicative.
One thing I want you to do is make sure you have the most up to date binaries. The installer doesn't keep the latest bleeding edge server binaries, only approved stable releases

Open up cmd

Code:
perl eqemu_server.pl windows_server_latest
Baseline that for troubleshooting and go from there