View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 01:33 PM
CodeMephit
Fire Beetle

The offer to allow SSH into the systems was meant only for them to compile the libraries. Once that was done and the resulting file(s) were posted to github, the systems would be re-purposed to use as the eqemu servers. In other words, just a temporary setup.

If they were going to be production systems, then I would agree with you that it would not be a sound idea. However, these are nothing more than freshly burned images with a building environment installed.

Also, I could not really think of another way (short of physically sending a Pi through the mail to one of them) that they could have a turn-key build environment ready to go. I am open to suggestions though.

-CodeMephit

P.S. Just in case I was unclear in my original post, I want the resulting system to be a private login server, not public. It will be for my family to use.
The offer to create an account was not an offer to create a player account on the resulting EQ server, it was an offer to make a system account that could be used to SSH into the Pi and then compile the crypto libraries.