Thread: EQBuilder 2.0
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 06:39 PM
trevius
Developer

Let me know if you guys can get these to compile. If I am right and all that is needed is updated Struct/Opcodes, that should be considerably easy to do using ShowEQ source.

Since I am pretty busy with SoF still, I don't have much time to work on this just yet. But, if anyone wants to test out if my theory on how to fix them is correct, I would gladly spend a few minutes to update something easy like Doors so you guys could see if it then works to collect doors. If that doesn't work, then there is probably more to it than I am thinking. If it does work though, it should verify that we could have these great tools up and running again in no time. Really, using the ShowEQ source, almost anyone could do it. They keep opcodes that we would want for this in the /conf/zone_opcodes.xml file and the packet structures are in the /src/everquest.h file. ShowEQ and EQEmu use almost the exact same structure setup, so it will almost be just a copy and paste. Other than that, you may need to compare the Titanium struct/field names with the struct/field names from ShowEQ and make sure that they match. For the ones that don't match, you just need to use your best guess as to which Titanium field would be in place of the ShowEQ field. Most of those are very easy to tell though, because it is the difference of something like "Name" and "name" in most cases.

I will definitely take some time after SoF development settles down some and give these tools a shot. But, if anyone wants to have a try at it before then, feel free! I will definitely try to answer any questions anyone working on these might have. Though, I really can't help much with the actual compile. I suck at that stuff, lol. I would mostly just be able to help with Structs and Opcodes since I have been getting alot of experience with them lately :P