Thread: EQBuilder 2.0
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 07:16 AM
trevius
Developer

Hmm yeah, I can't get either of these even close to compiling either. If you can get either compiling, or if someone can't find a version that does actually compile, I will start trying out adjusting some structs and opcodes in them and running them to see if they might actually be able to get working with Live again. Once the compile works for both, it won't be hard for me to find out just how rough it will be to get them both updated for EQLive again. I imagine it won't be bad at all.

Really, all I need is something that can identify an opcode and then use a packet structure to parse the fields out and convert that to SQL. ShowEQ already has easily readable log files that could be parsed pretty easily. I know that is basically all these 2 programs are doing. If I knew enough about how to make something that could do that, I would make one myself lol. It would just need to be able to convert hex into strings, floats and int8, int16 and int32s. After that it would be all about putting them into a format that could make an SQL file or go directly into the database even.

I figure that if I have to, I may just use ShowEQ to collect the really hard stuff to get set perfectly like doors and manually break each field down from the packet and add them to my database manually. I could probably do doors in about 5 minutes each, which is much less time than trying to place them the hard way lol.